HR Business PartnerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an HR Business Partner.
The HR Business Partner leads human resources initiatives, including associate relations, performance management, and talent management. This role partners closely with leadership to drive an engaged culture that focused on associate wellbeing and delivers results.
What you'll do...
- Deliver strategic human resource initiatives that support business objectives, with a focus on development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management; talent acquisition; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation; safety and wellbeing.
- Partner with the leadership team to focus and simplify all talent related practices.
- Proactively recommend ideas and solutions to effectively address the needs of the organization.
- Support the talent strategy by simplifying complexity, collaborating, communicating, coaching, influencing, and supporting the execution of consistent talent processes.
- Partner with the leadership team regarding associate development needs, identifying and facilitating activities to improve skills, encourage career development, and build bench strength.
- Provide expertise and guidance in situations involving associate relations, unemployment, compliance, safety, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and workers’ compensation in partnership with HR functional leaders.
- Translate broad, longer-term vision and objectives into specific milestones and goals.
- Focus on championing diversity, equity and inclusion to improve overall culture and company performance.
- Stay informed on external trends within the industry, influencing how we operate.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years human resources business partner or relevant leadership experience
- Knowledge of relevant human resources-related laws and regulations and the ability to conduct or assist with investigations, maintain confidentiality, and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Knowledge of human resources best practices - recruitment; development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management
- Ability to view the business broadly, connecting business and human resources goals to help drive a best-in-class culture
- Independent thinker, with the ability to find opportunities in times of uncertainty
- Effectively inspire trust and respect, bringing people together, focusing on getting the most important things done
- Ability to assess a situation and adapt communication appropriately to ensure effective delivery to associates at all levels
- Ability to utilize past learnings to anticipate potential issues, determine reasonable solutions to problems, and build simplified plans to drive improvement
- Demonstrate a focus on continuous learning and an ability to effectively teach, coach, and influence others in order to motivate and gain appropriate buy-in to drive results
- Ability to be an agent of change to influence teams to shift quickly as our business evolves
- Ability to access, analyze, and deliver on data. Comfort with technology to facilitate work
- Passion for our associates, customers, and the retail industry
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.