Senior Manager, Development - Supply ChainApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as Senior Manager, Development - Supply Chain located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
This role will lead the technology team responsible for supporting the Supply Chain - Warehousing Operations business needs across all key functions (Warehousing, Logistics, Returns & Delivery Services). This role will support the multi-year Supply Chain transformation journey by establishing enterprise-grade systems solutions with an eye on future growth and expansion for Crate&Barrel. The Senior Manager will collaborate with business leadership to understand their needs and strategies, and in turn, drive technology/system solutions & roadmaps to meet the strategies and to optimize the work of their business domain.
- Represent domain business and strategy needs in development of multi-year IT roadmap.
- Deliver against the multi-year IT roadmap.
- Lead and manage a team of motivated and skilled development resources through project and system maintenance efforts.
- Cross train and challenge staff to facilitate their career growth across legacy and package applications.
- Provide technology leadership and help design key solutions in collaboration with warehouse, logistics and operational teams for:
- Warehousing systems, eg: Blue Yonder (preferred) or Manhattan Technologies
- Transportation and carrier management systems
- Advanced robotics and material handling systems, eg: Swisslog, 6Rivers,Dematic
- Labor management solutions
- Partner with teams across technology and the business to determine needs and execution plan for all cross-functional projects.
- Work with domain executives and IT leadership to represent this area for budgeting
- Keep third party solutions current/relevant.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growth and profitability.
What You’ll Bring:
- Position can be located in either Dallas or Chicago
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Degreed professional (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years in a management capacity, including supervising and leading an application development team implementing additional software modules or application development to meet business objectives
- In depth understanding of warehousing technologies - Warehouse Management Systems eg. JDA,Manhattan, etc.,
- Automatic Systems, Material Handling Equipment (MHE) and integrations.
- Experienced with migrating from legacy to package solutions
- Leader in the technology field with the ability to integrate efforts across internal teams, company leadership, and external partners
- Ability to lead, design, and implement the application development staff, meeting industry standard operations, configuration, and automation procedures, including custom code and third party software packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work productively with senior leadership, technology partners, and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to achieve goals through influence, collaboration and cooperation
- Strong ability to remove roadblocks and turn issues into initiatives and solutions
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)