Senior Manager, DevelopmentApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Manager, Development - Supply Chain...
The Sr Manager is responsible for all aspects of a Technology roadmap for WMS supply chain. This role will be managing and coordinating the analysis, evaluation, development, testing, implementation and support of the warehouse management systems and logistics software applications across all the Crate’s warehouses and other 3PL locations. Additional responsibilities include technical leadership, mentoring other team members and leading commissioning projects. This position also partners with the Supply chain operations ensuring continuous availability of the applications to all the Warehousing business users.
What You'll Do:
- Work with warehouse management system (WMS) project team to implement, support and maintain BY JDA WMS across all the sites in the U.S
- Manage Warehouse Management System (WMS) configuration and configuration changes.
- Analyze various business needs, help define detailed requirements and suggest potential systemic solutions and improvements.
- Drive phases of transformation for all existing solutions, working with existing strategic partner(s), including the possible future decommissioning of systems
- Work with process owners and subject matter experts in defining systemic solutions for various warehouse processes.
- Provide training and technical support for warehouse management system (WMS) and its related equipment.
- Manage warehouse management system (WMS) releases, configuration and testing efforts.
- Financial mgmt. of the IT Cost, taking full accountability for costs incurred
- Work with all other Supply Chain leaders to develop, communicate and maintain the Technology Roadmaps
- Monitor and report compliance issues to IT Security / Risk Mgmt teams
- Manage all aspects of performance, development and recognition for direct reports to encourage professional growth.
What You'll Bring:
- 8 years IT experience with a minimum of 5 years supply chain application management experience implementing large scale warehouse management solutions in Retail, CPG/Manufacturing industries (WMS – warehouse management systems experience and WCS – warehouse control systems)
- Hands-on functional experience with Blue Yonder/JDA WMS suite of applications and Implementation experience of WMS solution is a must
- Experienced in integrating WMS solution with other downstream execution/planning applications and ERP
- Experience in driving a business team through designing and/or re-designing complex planning scenarios
- An architect that can provide thought leadership around best practices, developed or supported business team in overall business processes, and defined functional requirements that needed to be supported by WMS application
- Ability to prepare materials and drive/ conduct required design workshops with the business operations and stakeholders to explain how WMS applications work and document the as-is to to-be process
- Experienced in full development lifecycle in WMS – Business Process Design, Solution Blueprint, System Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Business Stabilization/ Hyper Care
- Broad knowledge in area of expertise, from underlying principles to highest level of implementation and ability to apply those skills.
- Comprehensive information technology and management skills
- Experience with Material Handling Systems, Warehouse Execution Systems and Control systems (WES/WCS) and PLC and PC based controls
- Experience with ERP and best-in-class WMS software, such as Manhattan, Blue Yonder/ JDA (preferred)/ RedPrairie, HighJump, Catalyst and Oracle a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.