Senior Manager, Sourcing - LightingApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as a Senior Sourcing Manager, Lighting located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The associate will be responsible for cultivating cross-functional and vendor relationships to optimize cost strategy and vendor network.
- Executes and advises on vendor strategies utilizing a vendor matrix to support Product Development and Buying strategies (including vendor allocation).
- Negotiates favorable first costs based on targets provided by Merchant team and effectively ensuring design and materials are aligned to either hit first cost target or make adjustments based on design and material direction.
- Develop and monitor pre-production activities (sample development, quotes, packaging, etc) to ensure all are completed in a timely manner.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Monitor purchase order milestones to ensure development is approved prior to ordering and any outstanding approvals are escalated to Sr Management.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking vendor capabilities, including:Innovation in design and production (materials and techniques), Value - cost and quality and CSR.
- Assess and analyze vendor capacities and partner with planning teams to utilize projections and forecasts.
- Close working partnership with Product Design and Development, Buying, Planning, and Quality and Compliance.
- Improve vendor reliability through the management of vendor performance
- Achieve class margin goals.
- Assess, react, and communicate to appropriate business units on missed production or purchase order deadlines.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Lighting Sourcing or Product Development Role
- 5 years relevant management experience minimum
- College Degree required
- Multi-cultural awareness and respect
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of manufacturing processes for assigned categories
- Ability to manage and develop direct reports
- Ability to manage a timing and action calendar
- Effective email communication with overseas vendors and agents
- Negotiating skills
- Strong financial reporting and quantitative analysis skills
- Must be willing to accommodate off hours/overseas meetings
- Required travel is 2-3 trips a year for approximately 1-2 weeks
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)