Senior Microservices DeveloperApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as Senior Microservices Developer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Deliver services developed based on API and microservices concepts using RESTful or gRPC principles for our rapidly evolving products.
- Develop solutions built for sustainability and performance, and will improve the architecture to handle our growing number of API or microservices based applications.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, testers and other developers to design, test, code, deliver and support software within an Agile Scrum environment via an architecture built on a cloud infrastructure and show a readiness to guide team members.
- Participate with business partners in the definition of their requirements.
- Post-installation support: Monitor system and coordinate user service requests.
- Participate and/or lead technical design meetings and assist defining system architecture.
- Work with business stakeholders to communicate progress.
- Provide excellent customer service to users of Crate and Barrel system software applications.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable APIs and microservices for middleware and partner applications using GO programming language (Golang), C#, .NET Core (3.1), node.js, bash/shell script, JSON/XML data formats.
- Implement industry best practices for API security, policies and versioning strategy.
- Design, develop and maintain auxiliary programs and jobs that build caching or data storage strategies for the APIs and microservices.
- Prepare and plan test environments, execute system tests, and assist with execution of user acceptance tests.
- Ability to understand the complete service architecture landscape including on-premise and cloud infrastructure, and plan to automate processes.
- Perform capacity and performance testing of services.
- Create and/or modify documentation for programs, process flow, test scripts or other software application needs, with the supervision and technical direction of the API development team lead.
- Perform software applications programming, unit tests, string tests and write user documentation.
- Develop detail design, technical design and unit test plan; functional program design; and technical program design, as needed.
What you'll bring:
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of software application development experience, including 1-2 years developer experience
- Demonstrated logical analysis, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to develop a technical software solution to a business problem utilized by the various business areas that need access to services supplied by an API
- Ability to create estimates for software development based on technical solutions that address business requirements
- Object Oriented Programming experience (C# and .NET core experience is preferred)
- Experience and understanding of various databases (SQL, NoSQL, in-memory)
- Experience in Cloud based PaaS and IaaS offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. AWS experience is preferred
- Experience with using API Gateway and its features
- Experience in modern API technologies and API authentication, throttling, and rate limiting
- Experience in using or understanding the containerization of services, its orchestration, deployment, and the toolsets like
Docker,, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with DevOps build chains (git-based version controls, CI/CD, etc.)
- Experience in test driven design and domain driven design
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)