Senior Quality EngineerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our Technology team…...
The Senior Quality Assurance is responsible for delivering and coordinating all testing artifacts and activities (Test Estimates, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Automation Scripts and Test results) for the various applications that the engineer is managing within Crate&Barrel’s technology portfolio. This role will report into the Manager or Senior Manager, Technology Quality Engineering. You will collaborate closely with product managers, Quality Engineers and Developers to design, test, automate, and deliver software within an Agile Scrum environment via website architecture built on a cloud infrastructure. Our websites and supporting applications provide the online shopping experience for Crate and Barrel and CB2 customers.
What you'll bring...
- Responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Engineering through the full Agile project/sprint lifecycle (from planning through implementation)
- Understand full end-to-end business processes and transaction flows across systems for the specific areas that you are responsible for
- Own manual & automated test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy
- Partner with the business analysts/product managers, developers and end-users to ensure that test scripts are developed or modified to cover new functionality and/or enhancements that are introduced into the production system on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing, either by providing test scenarios and/or coordinating efforts during UAT and ORT and serving as testing SME
- Perform initial analysis of defects identified during the testing cycle and escalate issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution and ensure that the defects are closed within the required timeframe
- Analyze defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defect does not occur in production again
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality
- Leverage automation of regression test scripts in order to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed
- Maintain full traceability between requirements and test cases
- Provide accurate estimates and timely status updates
- Prepare and maintain knowledge transfer documentation for onboarding new members
- Work closely with offshore testing team that has similar responsibilities
- Write SQL queries or appropriate assertion routines to validate software functions
- Create automated API test scripts using appropriate assertions to validate/certify APIs
What you'll do...
- Overall experience of 5+ years in Quality Engineering with business to customer retail systems/websites experience highly preferred
- Experience of 3+ years building framework and writing automated scripts using automation tools (Selenium, QTP, Cypress, mabl etc.) required
- 3+ years in Java or .NET C# automation development
- 2+ years working under Agile scrum framework
- 2+ years testing one or more databases like SQL Server, NoSQL, Big Query is required
- Experience in debugging across different browsers/clients, devices and environments (Appium, BrowserStack, Saucelabs)
- Good understanding of software QE concepts and methodology that cover functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, and UAT
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios and estimating efforts
- Document QE processes and procedures
- Create test artifacts and test plans
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Trace test cases and results back to specific requirements/stories/quality risks
- Experienced with JIRA, Rally, Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional SDLC
- Great analytical skills to debug complex problems and curiosity/passion for technology
- Degreed professional (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) required or equivalent experience
- API testing tools & automation (Rest-Assured, SoapUI, Postman, SOAtest or CA LISA etc.) experience is preferred
- Experience with BDD/TDD (Cucumber/Gherkin) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore resources preferred
- Experience testing AS400 is preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)