Senior Quality Engineer, MobileApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Quality Engineer, Mobile...
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for delivering and coordinating all testing artifacts and activities (Test Estimates, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Automation Scripts and Test results) for the various applications that the engineer is managing within Crate&Barrel’s technology portfolio. This role will report into the Manager or Senior Manager, Technology Quality Engineering. Specifically, this position will be primarily focused on Crate&Barrel’s new and existing Ecommerce, Marketing systems, Store Operations, or Customer Facing solutions in stores.
What You'll Do...
- Responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Engineering through the full project/sprint lifecycle (from conception through implementation) under the direction of the Manager/Sr. Manager.
- Understand full end-to-end business processes and transaction flows across systems for assigned specific areas.
- Own manual & automated test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy.
- Partner with the business analysts/product managers, developers and end-users to ensure that test scripts are developed or modified to cover new functionality and/or enhancements that are introduced into the production system on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing, either by providing test scenarios and/or coordinating efforts during UAT and ORT and serving as testing SME.
- Perform initial analysis of defects identified during the testing cycle and escalate issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution and ensure that the defects are closed within the required timeframe.
- Analyze defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defect does not occur in production again.
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality.
- Leverage automation of regression test scripts in order to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed.
- Work closely with offshore testing team, if applicable, responsible for executing tests.
- Write SQL queries or appropriate assertion routines to validate software functions, if applicable.
- Create automated API test scripts using appropriate assertions to validate/certify the APIs, if applicable.
What You'll Bring...
- 5+ years of strong experience working as a Software developer or SDET using C# or Java Programming
- 5+ years of Selenium (or similar) experience
- 3+ years of Mobile Automation development using Appium or similar tools (IOS Preferred)
- 3+ years of Cucumber (or similar) experience
- Hands-on experience in testing Mobile native and Mobile web applications
- Solid understanding of Mobile Development on IOS and/or Android devices
- Strong knowledge on test automation frameworks and programming background
- Solid Java & Cucumber skills
- Experience working with API and REST Technologies
- Proficiency in testing web services using SOAP protocols and REST Methodologies
- Ability to write Gherkin that captures business features
- Hands-on experience integrating automated tests with CI/CD pipeline in Jenkins or Similar
- Experience using git/bitbucket as source control system (Specifically in resolving conflicts between code)
- Have experience with one or more of the following RDMS : Oracle, MS SQL, MY SQL,MongoDB
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong reading and written language skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.