Senior Quality Assurance - Multiple PositionsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as Senior Quality Engineer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for delivering and coordinating all testing artifacts and activities (Test Estimates, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Automation Scripts and Test results) for the various applications that the engineer is managing within Crate&Barrel’s technology portfolio. This role will report into the Manager or Senior Manager, Technology Quality Engineering. Specifically, this position will be primarily focused on Crate&Barrel’s new and existing Ecommerce, Marketing systems, Store Operations, or Customer Facing solutions in stores.
- Responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Engineering through the full project/sprint lifecycle.
- Understand full end-to-end business processes and transaction flows across multiple systems.
- Own manual & automated test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy.
- Partner with the business analysts/product managers, developers and end-users to ensure that test scripts are developed or modified to cover entire product functionality.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing, either by providing test scenarios and/or coordinating efforts during UAT and ORT and serving as testing SME.
- Perform initial analysis of defects identified during the testing cycle and escalate issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution and ensure that the defects are closed within the required timeframe.
- Analyze defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defect does not occur in production again.
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality.
- Leverage automation of regression test scripts in order to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed.
- Maintain full traceability between requirements and test cases
- Provide accurate estimates and timely status updates
- Prepare and maintain KT documentation for onboarding new team members.
- Work closely with offshore testing team, if applicable, responsible for executing tests.
- Write SQL queries or appropriate assertion routines to validate software functions, if applicable.
- Create automated API test scripts using appropriate assertions to validate/certify the APIs.
What You'll Bring:
- Degreed professional (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) required or equivalent experience
- Overall experience of 3+ years in Quality Engineering
- Experience building framework and writing automated scripts using automation tools (Selenium, QTP, NightwatchJS, Codeception, Cypress, mabl etc.) is required.
- Willingness to learn new tools and frameworks is required
- Experience testing one or more databases like SQL Server, NoSQL, Big Query is required
- API testing tools & automation (Rest-Assured, SoapUI, Postman, SOAtest or CA LISA etc.) experience is required
- Experience with BDD/TDD (Cucumber/Gherkin) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore resources
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional SDLC
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios and estimating test efforts
- Experience working with JIRA or other similar tools
- Experience testing AS400 is preferred
- Experience in debugging across different browsers/clients, devices and environments
- Retail experience is highly preferred. Experience in at least a couple typical retail systems preferred - Marketing (Loyalty),
- Store Operations (Point of Sale), Merchandising, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Ecommerce systems
- You have good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)