Senior Quality EngineerLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
Job TItle: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: 1250 Techny Road, Northbrook, IL 60062
- Responsible for delivering and coordinating all testing artifacts and activities for the various applications that the engineer is managing within Crate & Barrel’s Supply Chain/Warehouse technology portfolio.
- Responsible for all aspects of testing and Quality Engineering through the full project/sprint lifecycle (from conception through implementation) under the direction of the Manager – Quality Engineering.
- Understand full end-to-end business processes and transaction flows across systems.
- Develop and execute manual test script, data sourcing/data provisioning, and defect analysis.
- Ensure that test scripts are developed and/or modified to cover new functionality and/or enhancements that are introduced into the production system on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing, either by providing test scenarios and/or coordinating efforts during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Operational Readiness Testing (ORT) and serving as testing Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Perform initial analysis of defects identified during the testing cycle and escalate issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution.
- Analyze defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed.
- Maintain full traceability between requirements and test cases in JIRA and similar tools.
- Write SQL queries or appropriate assertion routines to validate software functions as needed.
- Communicate clearly with your peers on product and solution teams to both understand their product and technology requirements while also representing your own.
- Generate reports from JIRA and other Test Management tools. Hybrid remote work permitted.
Education + Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related and 2 years of experience as a Quality Engineer, Quality Testing, or related.
In lieu of a master's degree and 2 years of experience, will accept a bachelor's degree and five years of experience in the same fields.
Must have work experience with each of the following:
- Using Selenium webdriver and CI/CD tools Jenkins and Mavin to create and maintain Automation frameworks built on Object Oriented Programming languages like Java;
- Agile project methodology and structure using JIRA, including Test Management add-on tools;
- Testing REST API, with Postman and SoapUI; and
- Delivering and coordinating testing activities and artifacts in the Retail industry, including Supply Chain and Warehouse Management, Execution, and Control Systems using HP ALM, Qtest, and Jira test management tools. Hybrid remote work permitted.
Salary Range: $109,408 - $138,000
This position qualifies for Euromarket Design’s employee referral policy program.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills