Senior Tax Analyst, Income TaxApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Tax Analyst, Income Tax...
The Senior Income Tax Analyst contributes to Crate & Barrel’s success by preparing required tax filings and assisting with the tax accounting, research, projects, planning and audits to ensure compliance with tax laws and minimize overall tax liabilities.
What You'll Do...
- Assist the Tax Manager in the tax compliance by preparing accurate timely information and calculations, and in preparing and filing the Company’s Consolidated federal, state, local, and international income and franchise tax returns and annual reports:
- Accumulate information, analyze and prepare timely and accurate supporting workpapers and documentation e.g., book-to-tax adjustments, federal and state depreciation, amortization and retirements, UNICAP, capital gains/losses, reclasses, international and foreign tax credits, state apportionment and modifications, among others.
- Assist in preparing and filing federal, state, local, international income and franchise tax forms/ returns and other governmental reports and annual filings, e.g.,Schedule M-3, Forms 4592, 4797, 8949; as well as international returns such as Form 5471, 5472, 8858, and 1118.
- Research and monitor pending changes and newly approved federal, state and local tax laws, regulations, legislation and pronouncements relevant to the business.
- Assist to ensure that taxes are appropriately accounted for in the Company’s GAAP and IFRS general ledger, financial statements and budget:
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate quarterly and year-end current and deferred income tax provision under ASC740 and IFRS.
- Prepare journal entries and financial statement disclosures.
- Prepare quarterly and annual estimated tax calculations, file extensions and pay necessary taxes.
- Reconcile accrued tax accounts, and assist in preparing income and franchise tax budgets.
- Research and assist in other tax compliance, e.g., employment tax matters, Form 5500, Form 1042s, 1099s. Ensure entities are in good standing with the various Secretary of State offices.
- Assist in tax planning and optimization:
- Research income tax incentives available for existing business or expansion. Assist in the federal and state grants, incentives, and tax credits.
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Tax depreciation system to make certain maximum depreciation allowed is claimed.
- Assist in the optimal resolution of tax audits from governmental authorities, as well as internal or external reverse audits, by compiling required information requested, and reviewing audit findings. Respond to tax notices and research pending issues.
- Assist in the indirect tax functions: sales, use, personal property, business licenses and permits, and other business taxes, as well as other projects that may be assigned from time to time.
What You'll Bring...
- A minimum of 1 year of tax experience in a major public accounting firm or large corporation a plus
- Research skills using Checkpoint and/or CCH services
- CPA Certificate
- Candidate must be local. Position is hybrid
- Possess knowledge and understanding of US federal, state, and local tax laws
- Understanding and knowledge of book-to-tax adjustments applicable to large corporations, a plus
- Experience with corporate software packages, including OneSource, Corptax, GoSystem, a plus
- Multi-state and local tax, ASC740 and International tax experience a plus
- Masters (MST, MSA or MBA) Degree a plus
- Strong analytical, research, organizational, accounting, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must be well-organized, hands on and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Microsoft office suite; Excel - intermediate level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.