Senior Vice President / Chief Marketing OfficerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer.
The Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer will create and deliver the most customer-centric brand and core shopping experience for our customers. This leader will create inspiring brands and best in class marketing products that will build Crate and Barrel’s Brand consideration and appeal in customers hearts and minds every day to WOW customers on a regular basis. They will be an inspiring leader, coach and mentor who creates high performing teams that deliver with passion, speed, and quality without compromising any of these dimensions.
What you'll do...
- Responsible for brand and creative strategy, along with its direction, to ensure the brand tenets are serving the overall company vision as well as adjusting as necessary to changing conditions.
- Build and inspire a best-in-class organization comprised of leaders of Brand and Creative, Integrated Marketing, Marketing Products and all Performance Marketing channels.
- Build and lead a high-performing, deeply analytical team who are skilled at acquiring new customers while constantly optimizing spend.
- Build a highly effective communications function that engages with a broad range of stakeholders including investors, team members, media, policymakers, and the business community.
- Deliver a scalable Go-To-Market process and interlocks to efficiently overlay inputs with marketing priorities to deliver high quality outputs that enhance customer experience while maximizing company revenue and profitability.
- Maintain rigorous focus on the customer; regularly communicate key insights with internal stakeholders, including marketing and category leaders, to ensure customer needs are understood and addressed.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the marketing product tool chest with keen focus on experiences that continuously and consistently delight customers.
- Establish methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design conceptualization, prototyping, and new marketing channel development across the entire marketing and product management department.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional leaders and departments to support the complex operational components of the business.
- Review significant financial expenditures, adjusting for contingencies and evaluating results.
What you'll bring...
- 15+ years of broad marketing experience encompassing both brand management and marketing communications
- Experience in small to mid-sized entrepreneurial companies or start-ups is preferred
- Experience leading brand management, marketing communications, and insights; and directing product development/innovation teams
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build without heavy agency reliance
- Hands on experience with SEO, SEM and tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, WebTrends, as well as marketing tech stack knowledge
- Experience building brands using low cost, high impact marketing initiatives
- Demonstrated ability in building awareness and trial through owned and earned media channels
- Strength in generating marketing ideas with a willingness to experiment in a measurable way
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, and an insatiable drive to make things better
- Stellar program management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well and deliver results in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain healthy, high-functioning collaborative relationships
- Proficiency in translating and championing marketing concepts, strategies and initiatives to audiences at all levels in the organization
- Confident, humble, giving, gracious leader to motivate & inspire, persuade & align, recruit & coach
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.