Senior Web Developer - C#/.NetApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our IT department as a Senior Web Developer - C#/.Net, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
As a Crate and Barrel Senior Web Developer - C#/.Net, you will join an innovative eCommerce team responsible for delivering solutions built for sustainability and performance. You will collaborate closely with product managers, testers and other software engineers to design, test, code, deliver and maintain software modules within an Agile Scrum environment via website architecture built on a cloud infrastructure. Come be a part of our exciting fast paced team, proud of building the solutions that drive our websites seen by millions of Crate and Barrel customers.
- Conceive and build unit testable solutions for our website applications.
- Participate in technical design meetings with other developers and assist in defining the system architecture and choosing technologies.
- Work on a cross-disciplinary Agile team to develop, estimate, test, and maintain our websites, while collaborating with team members on product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, review, and retrospective.
- Work directly with business stakeholders to understand requirements and communicate progress.
- Be an active contributor to back-end development practices and code reviews.
- Update and maintain site documentation.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- You have been building websites for 3+ years with C#, ASP.NET, MVC with a preferred focus on e-commerce solutions
- Possess 3+ years experience with relational databases like SQLServer, NoSQL experience a plus
- You have strong communication skills and experience working with business stakeholders and web designers
- You can work with jQuery right away. You have some experience and knowledge of another script framework (e.g. AngularJS, node.js)
- Real world problem solving and technology excites you
- Experience working in a web environment such as IIS administration
- You have worked in an Agile environment
- You can write unit tests and testable code
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze business problems and provide accurate development estimates
- Experience in domain-driven development and cloud technologies is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)