Senior Developer, WebApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our Technology team…...
As a developer on our eCommerce team you will deliver customer-facing solutions using the .NET Framework and other modern web technologies in our rapidly evolving products. You will develop solutions built for sustainability and performance, and will improve the architecture to handle our growing customer base. You will collaborate closely with product managers, testers and other developers to design, test, code, deliver and support software within an Agile Scrum environment via website architecture built on a cloud infrastructure. Our websites and supporting applications provide the online shopping experience for Crate and Barrel and CB2 customers. This position requires experience in .NET technologies and website architecture in a highly collaborative, exciting, and fast paced atmosphere that requires great communication skills.
What you'll do...
- Design and develop business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure.
- Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews.
- Follow good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, and documentation practices.
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support).
- Work on a cross-disciplinary Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Optimize website speed / performance and enhance SEO.
What you'll bring...
- A minimum of 3 years .NET MVC web development with a preferred focus on eCommerce solutions
- Experience with relational databases like SQLServer, MySQL, NoSQL experience a plus
- Proficient in using built-in browser tools like Chrome Developer Tools
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns in a web environment
- Unit Test frameworks like MSTest, NUnit and Cypress and Mocha/Jasmine and mocking frameworks like Moq
- Experience with BitBucket/Git for source control
- Prototyping and discovery
- Great collaborator and communicator with teammates and business partners
- Communicate technical direction cross-team architecture impacts across the organization
- A plus to have
- Cloud first architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with JIRA
- eCommerce experience
- Web Performance measuring
- Load testing tools like Gatling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- We do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.