With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as an Sourcing Associate, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Under broad supervision, responsible for developing, monitoring, and pursuing tactical and strategic initiatives/projects in a specialized area (e.g., commodities, vendor/contract relationships, or supplier management). Prepares analytical reports and forecasts in order to track product costs. Recommends appropriate course of action to senior purchasing/sourcing leaders. Works closely with Design to ensure successful product development.
- Supports associate managers and senior managers in seasonal sourcing activities and ongoing vendor performance management
- Monitor pre-production tasks (sample development and costing)
- Calendar milestone tracking
- Sku data gathering and management to ensure all item related information is accurate and complete prior to sku set-up exercise
- Reporting -
- IMU tracking and analysis
- Monitor internal on-time performance reporting
- Capacity reporting
- A minimum of two years in an associate-level role within sourcing, product development, or production
- College degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and G Suite
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Poses multi-cultural awareness and respect
- Strong financial reporting and quantitative analysis skills, retail math skills
- Customer focus (internal and external)
- Effective email communication with overseas vendors and agents
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes for assigned categories
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)