Specialist, Product Regulatory and QualityApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as a Specialist, Product Regulatory and Quality, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Specialist, Product Quality & Regulatory is responsible for managing product quality testing programs with internal and external partners to ensure that products we purchase meet quality, safety, and regulatory requirements in the US, Canada, and select international markets.
- Partner with the Product Design and Development teams in the review of new product development and identify product regulatory, quality, and safety requirements.
- Communicate product testing requirements for new and existing SKUs to agents and suppliers.
- Validate that products comply with all U.S., Canadian, and International regulatory and safety requirements through the management of a robust product testing program. Monitor compliance to requirements and follow up with external partners to escalate as needed.
- Act as central point of contact for failed test results and partner with internal and external partners to implement corrective action plans.
- Manage the development and rollout of new product safety, quality, and compliance requirements.
- Track and store test results from independent testing providers. Develop and implement any corrective action plans as required.
- Harmonize and standardize our product testing protocols to ensure consistency of product testing requirements with independent testing providers and minimize cost.
- Monitor Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls and review for applicability. Publish to the related merchandising teams and review protocols for any potentially required changes.
- Implement and manage annual testing programs for items covered by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Product Compliance, QA Engineering, Product Testing, Product Development, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Product Safety, Quality Assurance, or related study
- Possess knowledge of product regulations in North America (CPSC, FDA, etc) and certain key foreign regulations (such as REACH)
- Possess knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Codes to support SKU Classification team during peak seasons
- Experience in creating test plans to mitigate product risk by determining and understanding product construction, materials, their intended uses, and potential risks
- Experience in reviewing new product categories or products to determine regulatory impact
- Communicate complex regulatory requirements clearly and succinctly in both written and verbal format to both internal and external partners
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)