Sr. Marketing Manager, Social Media
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as a Senior Marketing Manager, Social Media, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Responsible for all of the Crate and Barrel social media platforms and their content, including the ownership of the Crate and Barrel Blog.
- Execute a social media program that inspire our consumer and further position the brand.
- Expand social media reach and maintain favorable consumer sentiment.
- Serve as the “editor-in-chief” for the Crate and Barrel blog by planning all content and maintaining relationships with on brand influencers and bloggers.
- Plan, create, post and monitor all social media content as well as work closely with marketing team to support campaigns.
- Oversee community management, including moderating support for social media initiatives, and scheduling content.
- Manage a team of Social Media Coordinator(s) and all aspects of performance and development to encourage their professional growth.
- Be the voice of Crate and Barrel and escalate opportunities for thought leadership, engagement and crisis management to appropriate people.
- Work in collaboration with other team members and agency partners to ensure initiatives have 360-degree support and alignment across all channels.
- Manage the social media content calendar; work collectively with Public Relations, Advertising, Merchandising and eCommerce to update the most current information.
- Partner with creative teams on content curation and development.
- Develop monthly reporting and optimization/implications; recommend areas for improvement and implement opportunities to show engagement and potential return on investment.
- Serve as a liaison to demonstrate and provide case studies and training, as necessary, to individuals on how to leverage social media efforts in a positive association to the brand; contribute to social media corporate policies and best practices.
- Monitor all social media platforms and respond/advise, as necessary.
- Maintain community management standards, moderation and escalation process to ensure design and communication are consistent with standards.
- Develop, implement, and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement, and grow external social media communities.
- Stay current with social media trends and incorporate, as appropriate, to improve the customer experience, drive sales, and leverage ongoing customer involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in or relevant work experience required
- 5-7 years previous marketing and/or retail experience
- Background in journalism, editorial, web development, site content management, photography and/or photoshop also preferred
- Proven experience in developing a social media strategy, driving customer service engagement, managing reputation, engaging brand fans, expanding consumer loyalty, amplifying brand message and report meaningful metrics
- Previous experience managing social media communities including moderation and content programming
- Knowledge in Spredfast, Radian6, CrimsenHexigon, BuddyMedia, Sprout, OfferPop, etc…
- Proven ability to partner with agencies and ensure deadlines are met, as well as creative/content briefs are submitted and actionable
- Excellent editorial skills and a skilled negotiator
- Ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas, and act with urgency, agility, and efficiency
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)