IT Helpdesk SupervisorApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as the IT Helpdesk Supervisor in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Technology Service and Operations Desk acts as the first point of contact for all technology operations across the organization. This team provides initial levels of technical support for associates and systems with an aim to own and resolve issues with minimal touch time and minimal downtime. The supervisor ensures that operations are conducted appropriately on a day to day basis.
What you'll do...
- Create, communicate and recommend changes to the Service Desk staffing schedules.
- Monitor the service desk and operations queues and monitoring systems to ensure adequate coverage and appropriate response.
- Observe and coach associates to ensure quality support is provided. Provide reviews and action formal performance management steps where appropriate.
- Act as the first point of contact for management escalation for incidents and work orders.
- Identify skill gaps and provide management reports that identify training opportunities.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for level 1-3 support teams and ensure that all service level initiatives are being met.
- Managed internal and self-service knowledgebase(s) and ensure data is up to date and accurate.
- Act as incident management process owner and drive ITIL process discipline across the organization.
- Work with manager, partner teams, and tools and automation engineer to identify opportunity areas and ensure follow up/improvements are driven to closure. Own the creation and upkeep of a problem management process
- Ensure incidents are escalated to technical owners and leadership for visibility. Ensure these are driven to closure in appropriate timeframes.
- Gather information for key business stakeholders on a regular basis to provide incident reporting, trend analysis, and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide backup support for other leaders or personal across the team.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience managing a Service Desk or NOC team in a medium to large size business (retail experience a plus)
- Strong experience with ITIL or formal operations management practices
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferredStrong familiarity with key ITIL disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change) and service management platforms (e.g. Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including leadership
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Familiarity with metrics and reporting
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting end user problems, managing system alerts, and providing system and network administration
- Knowledge of security best practices and risk landscape
- Analytical mindset with the ability to review data, determine outcomes and drive systemic improvement across the environment
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)