Systems AdministratorApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our IT department as a Systems Administrator located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Partner with Application Administrators, Database Administrators, and technical peers to establish robust, sustainable compute solutions.
- Coordinate and execute projects such as installation, configuration and deployment of servers and other new technologies or security remediation.
- Provide status reporting for the management team, as needed on projects.
- Maintain and contribute to a comprehensive backup/recovery strategy that effectively protects our business systems and integrates with the enterprise computing infrastructure.
- Contribute to the disaster recovery strategy and execute regular testing.
- Support vendor, partner and license management.
- Participate in annual business audits and provide all related documentation to appropriate team.
- Evaluate and pursue advances in industry technical solutions, actively recommend solutions and participate in annual budget planning.
- Participate in application stress tests, analyze results and implement server-level changes as appropriate to improve production delivery to end users.
- Serve as primary focal point for team support tickets and incidents to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Provide technical training to technical services staff, Help Desk, operations staff and users.
- Serve as after hour, weekend and holiday support, as necessary.
- Travel to all company locations to aid with computer equipment and computer appliances set-up and troubleshooting.
- Build, maintain and support servers, adhering to a blend of business requirements, technology best practices and standard design.
- Contribute to and maintain a robust O/S hardening solution.
- Analyze and fulfill requests for server configuration changes, as appropriate.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on computer equipment and computer appliances.
- 3+ years experience as System/Server Administrator or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field a plus
- Ability to work in a rotating on-call schedule (24/7)
- Experience with Linux (RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu) or VMware required
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in server operating system (OS) architecture, including builds and configuration
- Understanding of core system administration concepts (e.g. patch management, OS layout and integrity, security, hardening and service management, backup, restore, monitoring and maintenance)
- Understanding of server and storage virtualization technologies, including hands-on experience in hypervisor and storage administration
- Working knowledge of cloud compute providers and experience integrating into traditional physical data centers
- Basic scripting capabilities in at least one scripting language for system administration automation on one OS (e.g. PowerShell, VB, WMI or PowerCLI)
- Experience with the following preferred
- Cisco UCS
- Windows Infrastructure
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)