Tax Analyst, Income TaxApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Tax Analyst, Income Tax...
The Income Tax Analyst contributes to Crate & Barrel’s success by preparing required tax filings and assisting with the tax accounting, research, projects, planning and audits to ensure compliance with tax laws and minimize overall tax liabilities.
What You'll Do...
- Assist the Income Tax Manager with tax compliance by preparing accurate, timely information and calculations, as well as assist in the preparation and filing of the Company’s consolidated federal, state, local, and international income and franchise tax returns:
- Accumulate information to analyze and prepare timely, accurate supporting workpapers and documentation, e.g., book-to-tax adjustments, federal and state depreciation, amortization and retirements, UNICAP, capital gains/losses, international and foreign tax credits, state apportionment and modifications, among others.
- Assist in the preparation and filing federal, state, local, international income and franchise tax forms/returns and other governmental reports and annual filings, e.g.,Schedule M-3, Forms 4562, 4797, 8949; as well as international returns such as Forms 5471, 5472, 8858, 8992, 8993 and 1118.
- Research and monitor pending changes and newly approved regulations, legislation and pronouncements relevant to the business.
- Assist to ensure that taxes are appropriately accounted for in the Company’s GAAP and IFRS general ledger, financial statements and budget:
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate quarterly and year-end income tax provisions under ASC740 and IFRS.
- Prepare journal entries and financial statement disclosures.
- Prepare quarterly and annual estimated tax calculations, file extensions and submit payments.
- Reconcile accrued tax accounts and assist in preparation of tax budgets.
- Research and assist in other tax compliance, e.g., employment tax matters, Form 5500, Form 1042, 1099.
- Ensure entities are in good standing with the various Secretary of State offices through filing of annual reports
- Assist in tax planning and optimization:
- Research income tax incentives, grants and credits available for existing business or expansion.
- Prepare tax basis fixed asset schedules to claim the maximum amount of tax basis depreciation
- Assist in the optimal resolution of tax audits from governmental authorities, as well as internal or external reverse audits, by compiling required information requested and reviewing audit findings. Research pending issues and respond to tax notices
- Assist in the indirect tax functions: sales/use tax, personal property tax, business licenses and permits, and other business taxes.
- Additional projects related to tax compliance may be assigned from time to time.
What You'll Bring...
- A minimum of 1 year of tax experience in a major public accounting firm or large corporation a plus
- Research skills using Checkpoint and/or CCH services
- CPA or CPA eligible candidate a plus
- Masters (MST, MSA or MBA) Degree a plus
- Candidate must be local; Position is hybrid
- Possess knowledge and understanding of US federal, state, and local tax laws
- Understanding and knowledge of book-to-tax adjustments applicable to large corporations
- Experience with tax preparation software packages, such as OneSource, Corptax, GoSystems, etc.
- Experience with Multi-state or local taxes, international taxes, as well as ASC740 and
- International tax experience - a plus
- Strong analytical, research, organizational, accounting, and interpersonal
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, team
- Must be well-organized, hands on and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Microsoft office suite; Excel - intermediate level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.