CRATE & BARREL
Assistant Store Manager, Furniture Sales
Oak Brook, Illinois
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
- Full-time + Part-time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associate?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Good Listener 10
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Visual Thinker 8
- Strong Sense of Style 7
- Technologically Savvy 6
- Team player
My favorite thing about my job is that I get to work with product I believe in. When I started this job I was super scared to see if I could be successful. I was very happy to get realistic expectations about what to expect as well as a good amount of training time with knowledgeable associates. The thing that ended up putting my mind at ease about the job in sales was that I truly enjoyed and wanted the product I was selling for myself.Jovita, Furniture Sales Associate
Crate and Barrel, Store Opportunities & You
We have everything we need to become the most talked about store in the country. Except You. Come be a part of a fun, energetic, fast paced environment.
Design it (so they love it)
As a Design Expert in the CrateDesignStudio, you’ll take our customer’s inspirations and show them how our furniture, fabrics and décor can bring them to life. Whether you’re helping to build a digital Mood Board in the store or creating a custom floorplan during an In-Home Consultation, your amazing vision for design will transform our customers’ homes.
The Picture of Health
From medical to dental to vision, we’ve got you covered.
We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs.
Balancing Work and Life
You’ll enjoy paid vacations and holidays, flexible schedules and more.
Planning Your Future
From 401K with company match, to life insurance, we are always looking out for your future.
We provide extensive education and development programs through one on one coaching, classroom style training and online tools to make sure you reach your true potential.
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
Determined and motivating, Assistant Store Managers, Sales empower the sales team to deliver the exceptional customer experience that we're known for. You're a natural leader, engaging and inspiring. You're well connected to the pulse of the sales floor and see the big picture, working to create a consistent image and optimistic mood in the store. As an Assistant Store Manager, Sales, you own customer resolution. Always in the customer's corner, you're empowered to make timely decisions to accommodate their needs and address their concerns. A mentor, educator and coach, you develop creative ways to encourage your team to meet sales goals and turn out a top-notch performance every day.
What you'll do:
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store and in assigned area.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling and training.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales as they pertain to, or are driven by, position and acting as the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Collaborate with Store Manager and other functional Assistant Store Managers during new season planning and execution.
- Analyze results through reporting, translating numbers into actionable behaviors and goals in order to improve KPI results.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service. Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic and associate training/performance. Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Stay up to date on all store initiatives and communications that are received, sharing with associates when appropriate.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent, Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Strong delegation skills in support of execution and driving results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
For all FT and PT roles: Availability to work days, evenings and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
For PT roles: Availability to be scheduled 12+ hours per week (16+ is preferred), with a minimum of 8 hours and two shifts on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
We See You Here.
At the core of loving your job is feeling like you belong. We believe that diverse perspectives make life beautiful and as a modern workplace, our different thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds enrich our culture and make us stronger as a team. Together, we stand accountable for cultivating a diverse team that reflects our customer focus and is welcoming and inviting to all.