Team Leader, OperationsApply Location: Richmond, Virginia
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Team Leader, Operations.
You're a master of organization and efficiency behind the scenes of our stockroom. As Operations Team Leader, you play a key role in creating our striking merchandise design. Positive, creative and enthusiastic, you think quickly on your feet and adapt easily to change. Supporting the Assistant Store Manager, Operations and Assistant Store Manager, Visual, you help to lead, plan, perform and supervise the work of the merchandising/stock team, shifting your focus as needed - and shifting scheduling - to put visual plans into action. You ensure product on the sales floor is well-stocked and always ready for customers to shop. Beyond the sales floor, your attention extends to the stockroom, which you keep organized and running efficiently at all times. You are both a mentor and a leader to Merchandising/Stock Associates. You communicate the overall design vision, answer questions, provide productive feedback and lead by example in performing high-level assignments. Your excellent communication skills also cross channels to the sales team to ensure they are involved in visual and operational excellence.
What you'll do:
- Lead designated functional team and manage associate workload as determined in partnership with the Assistant Store Manager.
- Coach Department Specialists and associates on exceptional performance and maintain a strong visible presence in the department/work area.
- Partner with the Assistant Store Manager to train and develop associates on product knowledge, selling, customer service, operations, visual, policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Maintain an understanding of new store initiatives and communicate changes to the Department Specialists and associates, ensuring adoption throughout the store, into steady state.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales, maintaining an awareness of current product in store and not in store.
- Review KPI results, working with Assistant Store Managers to identify opportunities and corrective actions.
- Communicate regularly with the applicable functional Assistant Store Manager to review business results, execution of plans/strategies, customer feedback and associate performance.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service through setting expectations and modeling behaviors.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 1+ years customer service or retail experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.