Facilities Maintenance TechnicianApply Location: Romeoville, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers’ homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection. The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance in the Distribution Center facilities.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems related to all material handling equipment and the facility building
- Operate all types of material handling tools in order to perform maintenance and repair
- Oversees outside service providers for necessary repairs when independent contractors are required
- Execute preventative maintenance on the facility and equipment as required
- Respond and close out work orders for the facility
- Maintain the maintenance shop and work areas in a clean, safe & organized condition
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Perform all job tasks assigned by the department leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical and electrical experience – certifications preferred
- Possess good troubleshooting skills
- Possess good electrical, mechanical, carpentry skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematic drawings
- Ability to work under time constraints
- GHS (Global Harmonized System for Hazardous Waste) knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
- Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
- Attention to detail
- Basic English Language proficiency preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.