Manager, Warehouse Technology Support & OperationsLocation: Romeoville, Illinois
Crate and Barrel Company Intro:
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a/n Manager, Technology Support (Distribution Centers / Warehouses)
This is an on-site People Leader position based out of our Romeoville Distribution Center.
A day in the life as a Manager, Technology Support…
- Understanding, Testing, and Defining the standard ecosystem of supported end user technology for the Supply Chain environment
- Researching industry trends and lead “Proof of Concept” activities for the support organization.
- Establishing, communicating, and enforcing strict asset management policies and procedures for Technology
- Monitoring staffing levels to ensure adequate coverage across a highly dispersed environment
- Coaching associates to ensure quality support is provided across all locations.
- Managing and driving improvements in productivity, quality and cost
- Resolving incidents and work orders escalated to the end-user support team from the Service Desk
- Meeting with key business stakeholders on a regular basis to provide updates on device standards and continuous improvement activities
- Providing backup support for other Technology leaders across the team
- Partnering with IT security and compliance on key deliverables and actions
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Deep industry experience on technologies in the warehousing end user space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong familiarity with key ITIL disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change) and service management platforms (Jira Service Management)
- Advanced working knowledge of end-user technology including:
- Handhelds/printers:Zebra, Honeywell, Apple
- OS and patching: IOS, Android, Windows
- MDM Software: WorkspaceOne or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain a successful talent pool
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or 5+ years’ equivalent work experience in supply chain end user support
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience leadership experience
- Strong experience with ITIL or formal operations management practices
- Experience managing 3rd party providers to deliver key capabilities
- Experience in process design and driving organizational change
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.