Merchandise Handler II PersonalizationLocation: Romeoville, Illinois
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers’ homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
The Merchandise Handler II (Personalization) is responsible for the processing and packaging of all Crate and Barrel online orders.
● Responsible for using machines to embroider, etch product
● Responsible for packaging merchandise, labeling, filling, and checking items to complete all customer orders
● Sets up embroidery and etching machines and follows standard operating processes to produce quality products on time
● Sets up threads, color wheel, and designs on machines and determine which hoop to use
● Cleans machines, oils machines, and changes needles as needed
● Performs “gift packaging” for each business brand as required
● Address and maintain quality control to ensure the embroidery and etching process is created properly on finished products
● Adheres to packaging practices, proper warehousing techniques and standards for good presentation to the customer
● Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas
● Rotates through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business
● Participates in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
● Performs all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Must be willing and able to operate Embroidery and Etching Machine equipment
● Must be able to see and differentiate colors
● Good communication skills
● Ability to work in a team environment
● High attention to detail and technical savviness to learn new skills
● Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position
● Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
● 1+ year of experience as Picker, Packer, or Stocker is preferred
● Experience with an Embroidery and Etching Machine is preferred
● High School Diploma or GED equivalent
● Basic English Language proficiency
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.