Senior Regional Industrial EngineerLocation: Romeoville, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Regional Industrial Engineer.
The Senior Regional Industrial Engineer will play a critical role in our continued Supply Chain growth. With a network spanning multiple Distribution and Home Delivery Centers, we are in an exciting time of transformation. This role will provide visibility into our capabilities along with a focus on continuous improvement.
- This is an on-site position based out of our Romeoville, IL Distribution Center
A day in the life as a Senior Regional Industrial Engineer:
Design the execution of labor management in collaboration and design Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and process development.
- Create and monitor reports for the distribution network, including understanding and educating the productivity reporting process within each building.
- Initiate continuous improvement/lean concept, identify gaps for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine associate functions and responsibilities.
- Build and maintain accurate labor standards by role/task. Test the standards by executing the workload to ensure they are reasonable and fair.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth and development along with delivering on supply chain goals/KPIs
- Meet with direct reports regularly to discuss current and future projects/workload and ensure it is prioritized to meet company overall objectives
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Ability to travel as necessary to support supply chain locations and projects
- Advanced knowledge and experience with labor planning, budgeting, productivity and continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of various warehouse management systems (JDA/Blue Yonder, Six Rivers, AS400 etc)
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in Engineering field
- Background in Lean and 6 Sigma methodologies; Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Process Engineering preferred
- Experience with compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data preferred
- Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.