Senior Human Resources Business Partner - West CoastApply Location: San Francisco, California
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior HR Business Partner - West Coast.
The Senior HR Business Partner leads human resources initiatives, including associate relations, performance management, and talent management. This role partners closely with regional and area leadership to drive an engaged culture that focused on associate wellbeing and delivers results.
What you'll do...
- Lead and execute human resources processes and best practices in development and training; associate engagement; talent acquisition; talent assessment; performance management; succession planning; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation; safety; and total rewards.
- Provide expertise and guidance in situations involving associate relations, unemployment, compliance, safety, compensation, benefits, and workers’ compensation to ensure consistency and reinforce a culture of well-being.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources lead for Crate & Barrel Stores, Human Resources Centers of Excellence (HR COEs), and store leadership teams to develop and maintain human resources-related processes and metrics that drive results and effectively address the needs of the business. Cultivate a culture focused on a positive customer experience.
- Partner with leaders to support associate and management development needs, including identifying and facilitating activities to improve skills; encouraging career development; and building bench strength.
- Partner with the leadership team to assess talent needs and solutions that will help drive business results.
- Translate broad, longer-term vision and objectives into specific milestones and goals.
- Stay informed on external trends within the industry, with an eye on internal application.
- Foster a culture that supports diversity, equity and inclusion
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years human resources business partner or relevant leadership experience; human resources experience in corporate or retail industry preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50-75%
- Knowledge of relevant human resources-related laws and regulations and the ability to conduct or assist with investigations, maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Knowledge of human resources best practices in the areas of talent acquisition; development and training; associate engagement; succession planning and performance management.
- Strong ability to assess the skills, abilities, knowledge, performance and potential of others to influence effective succession planning, recruiting, and creating a talent pipeline
- Ability to view the business broadly and connect business and human resources goals.
- Ability to adapt communication style as needed to effectively deliver messages to associates at all levels.
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking and past learnings to anticipate potential issues and the ripple effect of decisions; determine reasonable solutions to problems; and build flexible and realistic action plans to drive improvement.
- Growth mindset and focus on continuous learning, and an ability to effectively teach, coach and build relationships and influence others in order to motivate and gain appropriate buy-in to drive results.
- Enthusiasm for our customer, the selling experience, and the retail process.
- Effective change agent who can influence teams to shift quickly as our business evolves.
- Results driven; ability to take initiative, manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize as needed, and act with agility, efficiency and urgency.
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate on large projects and to innovate to solve long and short term problems.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.