Inventory Control AssociateLocation: Santa Fe Springs, California
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers' homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
What you'll do:
- Maximize the company growth and profitability by accurately monitoring, measuring, tracking, and correcting the perpetual inventory in order to support the Distribution Center goal to have the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
- Perform all product replenishment activities both on-site and off-site to move product into pickable locations.
- Research and reconcile mis-picks, shipping and receiving errors.
- Review all open work units daily including put-away, moves and pick work units, and resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Process all changes to inventory as a result of returned goods, breakage, return to vendor and unit pack changes.
- Create product consolidations, as well as performing system overrides to properly locate merchandise.
- Produce pick generations and review all pick exceptions.
- Serve as back-up for Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Administrator to comply with policies and procedures as necessary.
- Coordinate and execute all daily activities associated with inventory control to maintain correct quantities of stock on hand.
- Conduct semi-annual inventories to rectify physical counts.
- Follow the loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork in order to foster a positive working environment.
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines to prevent personal injury and product and facility damage.
- Move merchandise, supplies, and/or boxes.
- Listen actively and effectively.
- Clearly communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Establish open and two way conversation with all associates.
- Maintain and enhance the self-esteem of others.
- Ask for and give clear and constructive feedback.
What you'll bring:
- Previous warehouse, stock or inventory control experience required
- Proficient reading and writing language skills in English required
- Basic math required
- Understanding of the IBM AS400 system required
- Red Prairie/JDA experience a plus
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 pounds; Heavier merchandise with team assistance
- Must work effectively as a team member
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
- Word, Excel knowledge preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills