Associate Buyer, Hudson GraceApply Location: Sausalito, California
Hudson Grace is the preeminent purveyor of timeless décor for those who love to entertain. Rooted in a philosophy of simplicity and authenticity, we favor beauty and practicality in our curated collection of quintessentially modern serving ware, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, linens, candles and entertaining essentials. Hudson Grace crafts and sources original and vintage designs which will make your house a home. The newest brand to join Crate and Barrel, Hudson Grace shares Crate’s passion for entertaining and all things home.
This position supports all aspects of product assortment, financial planning and vendor partnerships in accordance with the sales, margin, turnover and flow goals for the assigned product category. The Associate Buyer drives the allocation, as directed, of all products across web and retail channels, and executes online business, merchandise, and visual strategies to maximize sales online.
What you'll do...
- Makes recommendations to leadership regarding product assortment, pricing and merchandising strategies reflecting goals based on trends and forecasts.
- Participates in the final decision making process by providing expert recommendations to Merchant regarding seasonal and core product mix for a given department.
- Analyzes sales information in order to identify opportunities to increase sales and margins.
- Based on research and analysis, participates in recommending, setting and approving product-pricing strategies to achieve specific margin objectives and executes exit strategies as needed.
- Negotiates product costs, terms, subsidy and VIR
- Develops and maintains vendor partnerships by providing analytical metrics to leadership, influencing the supplier management strategy to support overall department strategy and works to improve all aspect of supplier relationship.
- Builds and maintains assortment plans and SKU counts.
- Gathers and synthesizes information from partners to make strategic recommendations to Merchant
- Analyzes business trends and opportunities by identifying and maximizing key items via test strategies.
- Provides recommendations regarding short term buying plans and long term strategies.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and uses information to identify opportunities and challenges for in-season business and future seasons.
- Leads product sequencing, including layouts and copy edits and communication with cross-functional teams.
- Analyze inventory and facilitate allocation of merchandise by SKU to stores/web
- Analyze product flow and sales trends by store to assist in forecasting future needs
- Partner with Merchandising Assistant in updating and maintaining Min/Max levels across all stores monthly or as needed
- Perform allocation hindsighting to improve future allocations and drive profitability
- Manage Ecommerce special order program
- Partner with Merchandising Assistant in creation of documents and codes for brand sales and promotions, understanding margin, impact, and execution needs, and manage Ecommerce execution in Shopify (Merch Assistant to manage Retail execution in Lightspeed)
- Collaborate with the Merchant to identify and react to business needs to drive sales and profitability
- Analyze and manage the distribution of seasonal and end of life core products to maximize sales and profitability
What you'll bring...
- 3+ years retail merchandising experience, or education equivalent or related area
- Bachelor’s degree
- Possess an understanding of merchandising plans and processes
- Strong financial acumen and experience with negotiations
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strong attention to detail
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.