Customer Service Associate
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by assisting the Team Leader, Customer Service with all office activities and procedures in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, and teamwork.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and the status of merchandise.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources, including customer service standards and guidelines, as well as additional furniture resources, as applicable.
- Complete and process phone sales orders and book all deliveries, both local and long distance.
- Coordinate with Distribution Centers and vendors regarding return and repair authorization and chargebacks.
- Process all customer correspondence and returns and credits, including UPS returns and breakage cards.
- Answer all telephone calls immediately and courteously.
- Perform all follow up communication with the customer, and respond to customers within the time frame promised.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Assistant Store Manager, Sales or Team Leader, Customer Service concerning all aspects of customer service issues.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Actively participate in weekly customer service meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Support the sales team by assisting on the sales floor as directed by the Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
- Support sales team by assisting with all aspects of the sales process, including booking/rebooking deliveries, following up on estimated time of arrival (ETAs), backorders, transfers and all customer service issues.
- Identify and coach sales associates on appropriate internal and receipt notes, sales skills and recovery options.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills ( English)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Telephone presence and interpersonal skills
- Data entry and basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Experience in a call center environment analyzing and solving escalated and intricate situations preferred
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
Crate and Barrel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)