Customer Service Office AssociateApply Location: Toronto, Canada
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Customer Service Associate.
As a Customer Service Associate, your patience, good listening skills, attention to detail and overall positive presence are at the core of your character—and the foundation for providing an outstanding customer experience. You’re our number one ambassador. With an undivided focus on the customer, you offer support every step of the way, from being a helpful voice on the phone to taking orders and helping to resolve customer service issues with ease. Armed with a deep knowledge of current merchandise and promotions, you are confident in answering any question that may arise. Behind the scenes, you demonstrate your knack for organization and efficiency, managing office activities and procedures under the direction and mentorship of the Team Leader, Customer Service.
What you'll do:
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by assisting the Team Leader, Customer Service with all office activities and procedures in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, and teamwork.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and catalogues, and the status of merchandise.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources, including customer service standards and guidelines, as well as additional furniture resources, as applicable.
- Complete and process phone sales orders and book all deliveries, both local and long distance.
- Coordinate with Distribution Centers and vendors regarding return and repair authorization and chargebacks.
- Process all customer correspondence and returns and credits, including UPS returns and breakage cards.
- Answer all telephone calls immediately and courteously.
- Perform all follow up communication with the customer, and respond to customers within the time frame promised.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Assistant Store Manager, Sales or Team Leader, Customer Service concerning all aspects of customer service issues.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates in both written and verbal form.
- Actively participate in weekly customer service meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Support the sales team by assisting on the sales floor as directed by the Assistant Store Manager, Sales.
- Support sales team by assisting with all aspects of the sales process, including booking/rebooking deliveries, following up on estimated time of arrival (ETAs), backorders, transfers and all customer service issues.
- Identify and coach sales associates on appropriate internal and receipt notes, sales skills and recovery options.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
What you'll bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of email, internet browsers, and Google platform
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills ( English)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Telephone presence and interpersonal skills
- Data entry and basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Experience in a call center environment analyzing and solving escalated and intricate situations preferred
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
Crate and Barrel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.