Seasonal CashierApply Location: Toronto, Canada
Our Sales Associates are the heart of our customers’ experience. Genuinely warm and naturally driven, they are enthusiastic brand ambassadors who tend to love our amazing associate discount! A fan of all things home, their enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our stores that makes shopping fun, engaging and keeps customers coming back. With leadership and mentoring support from Assistant Store Managers and Team Leaders to keep spirits high and the fun flowing, the day of a Seasonal Cashier is dedicated to quickly, efficiently and accurately processing customers orders, answering customers' questions, and keeping the cashwrap neat and welcoming. Whether you’re helping customers dream up a holiday gift basket or determine which coffee maker will produce the perfect blend, our Seasonal Cashiers bring the in-store experience to life, delivering a customer experience that’s unmatched through our diverse and innovative team. Sound like you? We should meet! We’d love to talk to you about how a seasonal position with Crate and Barrel could be a fun and flexible holiday opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Drive sales through quickly, efficiently and accurately processing customers orders through the POS (point of sale) system
- Greet and communicate with multiple customers, respond to customer questions, process payments, and involve higher-level management as appropriate in a calm, professional manner
- Communicate and have awareness of applicable promotions, offers, loyalty programs, and other initiatives to customers.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service
- Wrap and/or bag customers orders with care
- Lead by example and support store management in holding self and others accountable for store profitability and operational excellence.
- Assist with ensuring products and displays on the sales floor are stocked appropriately and available for customers to purchase.
- Engage in, maintain and support store safety standards and training.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Associate Policy Guide.
- Execute and maintain the visual merchandising standards of the sales floor to engage customers and associates with the product, as needed.
What you'll bring:
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be able to work the weekend after Thanksgiving AND the days surrounding Christmas
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable human rights legislation. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment process.
Crate and Barrel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.