Associate Industrial EngineerApply Location: Tracy, California
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Support the execution of labor management.
- Collaborate with the warehouse management team to understand the objectives of each area.
- Support and collaborate on SOP and process development.
- Create reporting and monitoring reports for the distribution network.
- Support Industrial Engineer team with data request and analysis and JDA system development.
- Initiate continuous improvement/lean concept, identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Possess complete understanding operational efficiencies through engineering standards.
- Provide assistance in testing and evaluating various options.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Actively work in each functional area to better understand the scope, difficulty and challenges of each role.
- Understand the productivity reporting process within each building.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with standards.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new software/systems and new operational functions in each warehouse.
- Build and maintain accurate labor standards by role/task.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Test the time standards by executing the workload to ensure they are reasonable and fair.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving to maintain a solutions-oriented focus.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to the execution of software to eliminate manual processes or reporting gaps.
- Define and document complex business requirements and processes.
- Translate or explain what information means and how it can be used.
- Able to manage different data resources within multiple systems to drive operational results.
- Understanding of time study, ergonomics and engineering software to drive results.
- 1-3 years previous experience in Engineering field
- Background in Lean and 6Sigma methodologies; Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Experience with compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data preferred
- Application of statistical methods and performing mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements and production standards preferred
- Experience coordinating quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems preferred
- Experience maximizing product reliability and minimizing cost preferred
- Experience with statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel (must be intermediate level or above), PowerPoint, Google Platform
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65lbs; heavier product with team assist
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)