Director, Distribution Center OperationsApply Location: Tracy, California
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Supply Chain department as a Director, Distribution Center Operations, located in our Tracy, CA distribution center.
- Identifies key opportunities to leverage and improve processes affecting the warehouse operation, including; defining appropriate metrics, and leading the process improvement and systems initiatives.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in work methods, efficiency techniques and warehouse management software.
- Implements efficient slotting to streamline work flow through the warehouse using slot optimization software.
- Assesses warehouse capacity utilization and coordinates corrective actions with cross functional groups.
- Develops forward-thinking, warehouse initiatives to boost effectiveness within supply-chain, implementing and managing project work through utilization of warehouse systems with a focus on continuous productivity improvement.
- Partner with Vice-President of Supply Chain and Directors to create and drive.
- Supply Chain initiatives in support of overall Company strategy.
- Manage and negotiate third party agreements; build and establish performance standards to hold third party vendors accountable for performance and deliverables.
- Develop, implement and oversee annual budget; be accountable for compliance in support of goals and KPIs established by the supply chain organization.
- Partner with project teams and Industrial Engineers to implement and support activities identified to drive Supply Chain network-wide operational and process improvements.
- Identify and develop talent and leadership at all levels of the organization; educate and develop leadership team skills in all aspects of distribution management, including financial acumen, labor planning, productivity, budgeting, talent assessment, performance management and planning.
- Direct all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of each functional area to better understand job descriptions, identify process gaps, and place associates in the right position to drive results.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships with internal and external clients.
- Minimum 10 years leading and managing retail distribution centers with 50+ associates
- Bachelors degree in engineering, supply chain, or business desired
- Minimum of 5 years working with a WMS or supply chain operational software
- Progressive management experience within the retail business where increasing levels of responsibility has been seen and recognized
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
- Ability to effectively identify, develop, communicate and implement strategies and ideas across multiple business channels and audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with labor planning, budgeting, productivity and continuous improvement
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven working knowledge of various warehouse management systems (JDA, Six Rivers, AS400 etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google platform programs
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)