Director, Distribution Center OperationsLocation: Tracy, California
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our Supply Chain team as Director, Distribution Center Operations at our Tracy, CA campus.
The Director, Distribution Center Operations will directly manage, lead and have responsibility for all aspects of distribution at multi-channel distribution centers, including inbound and outbound movement of goods, home delivery, budget development and compliance, key performance indicators (KPIs), leadership development, continuous improvement, and internal and external customer relationships.
A day in the life of a Director, Distribution Center Operations…
- Identify key opportunities to leverage and improve warehouse operation processes including defining appropriate metrics, and leading the process improvement and systems initiatives
- Assess warehouse capacity utilization and coordinates corrective actions with cross functional groups
- Develop forward-thinking warehouse initiatives to boost effectiveness while implementing and managing project work through utilization of warehouse systems with a focus on continuous productivity improvement
- Partner with Supply Chain Leadership to create and drive Supply Chain initiatives in support of overall Company strategy
- Lead with vision and purpose while developing a high performing team, across two Distribution Centers (e-commerce and furniture), delivering operational excellence every day
- Partner with Project Teams and Industrial Engineers to implement and support activities identified to drive Supply Chain network-wide operational and process improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert in work methods, efficiency techniques and warehouse management software
- Implement efficient slotting to streamline workflow through the warehouse using slot optimization software
- Manage and negotiate third party agreements; build and establish performance standards to hold third party vendors accountable for performance and deliverables
- Develop, implement and oversee annual budget; be accountable for compliance in support of goals and KPIs established by the Supply Chain organization
- Create a culture where associates can bring their best self to work every day and thrive in delivering quality results that delight our customers
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Advanced knowledge and experience with labor planning, budgeting, productivity and continuous improvement
- Progressive management experience where increasing levels of responsibility has been seen and recognized
- Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency
- Effectively identify, develop, communicate and implement strategies and ideas across multiple business channels and audiences
- Adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
- Excellent business and financial acumen coupled with strong analytical skills
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 10+ years leading and managing large distribution centers
- 5+ years experience with a WMS or Supply Chain operational software
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Strong knowledge of various warehouse management systems (JDA, Six Rivers, AS400 etc…)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills