Floor SupervisorApply Location: Tracy, California
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this. As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Coordinate activities of associates in distribution processes in an effective and efficient manner to satisfy internal and external customer service.
- In coordination with the floor and operations manager, direct daily/weekly work assignments.
- Ensure productivity standards are met by communicating personal and team key performance indicators.
- Identify critical distribution issues and report them to the proper business partners.
- Direct associates on the proper use of Distribution Center equipment and trouble shoot problems, as necessary.
- Recommend and implement ideas and suggestions with other supervisors and managers to ensure a consistent team environment is maintained.
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.
- Adhere to all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and guidelines to maximize FTZ compliance and benefits and minimize U.S. Customs penalties and fines.
- Make recommendations to improve operational flows and reassign staff as necessary.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Conduct observations and provide feedback through coaching and on the job training.
- Provide information regarding associate performance for appropriate evaluation and action plan.
- Write and conduct performance reviews for assigned associates.
- Create individual development plans to support and promote professional growth.
- Participate in the interviewing process for Distribution Center associates.
- Support the floor manager in managing all associate relations issues and functions.
- Appropriately address human resources issues, and identify behaviors and actions that require disciplinary action.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
- Perform safety observations in conjunction with job observations to coach and counsel associates on proper safety procedures.
- Initiate and conduct accident investigations as required and perform root cause analysis.
- Prepare hazard action forms for all incidents and injuries.
- Play an active role in the participation of all safety programs to act as a role model for all associates.
- Oversee and implement company and OSHA guidelines and programs to contribute to a safe working environment for all associates.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous Distribution Center experience, including 1 year supervisory experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent; Associate's degree a plus
- Strong knowledge of JDA warehousing software, Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, AS400
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and self motivation skills
- Ability to resolve problems and answer associate questions
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
- Basic math
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent attendance to develop a stable work environment
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)