Forklift OperatorLocation: Tracy, California
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Equipment Operator.
At our Distribution Centers, we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers’ homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection. The Distribution Center Forklift Operator is responsible for transferring goods and materials from incoming and outbound shipments via power industrial equipment (forklifts, reach trucks, stock pickers, etc).
A day in the life as an Equipment Operator...
- Use materials handling equipment to stock, retrieve, lift, carry, move, and position merchandise or materials stored on various levels throughout the warehouse/cross-dock
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment to ensure no damage to merchandise, equipment, or facilities
- Perform safety checks on lifts, reporting any damage prior to start and end of shift
- Maintain accurate inventory and reports any discrepancies
- Perform all routine equipment servicing including, but not limited to attaching a battery charger, replenishing fuel, and checking for safety of operations
- Clean up and dispose of boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas
- Rotate through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Perform all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals
What you'll bring to the table...
- Basic English Language proficiency
- An awareness of loss prevention, security, and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 1+ year of operating power industrial equipment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.