Manager, Human Resources - Distribution CenterApply Location: Tracy, California
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers’ homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll lead and foster a people and performance driven culture to ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Develop and execute strategic Human Resource initiatives for the distribution center and cross docks located in the West Coast Region relating to talent acquisition, development and training, associate relations, compensation, benefits/leave of absence and workers’ compensation/safety; in coordination with the Corporate HR Centers of Excellence.
- Act as strategic and tactical support for the distribution center management.
- Lead and support the development of a performance-oriented culture through strategic goals and initiatives.
- Manage the leadership development and associate training programs at all levels to enhance associate training skills; mentor managers and supervisors in management skills.
- Manage and conduct associate relations counseling, outplacement counseling, exit interviews and coordinate the unemployment response process.
- Provide safety and workers’ compensation leadership, guidance and consistency throughout the facilities to reinforce a company culture of safety.
- Manage talent acquisition for high volume distribution center recruitment and temporary agency relationship.
- Possess a complete understanding of each associate audience, adapting as appropriate and ensure relevance in all interactions with distribution associates and development of resources.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- 3 + years human resources management experience; distribution center experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; SHRM/HRCI certification preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Domestic travel required
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to effectively implement HR strategies to support business goals
- Must have an ability to think strategically and objectively and effectively translate data into actionable insights
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities while remaining highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platform
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)