Operations ManagerApply Location: Tracy, California
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers' homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategic planning in conjunction with the Distribution Center leadership to ensure efficient and cost effective operation and utilization of the facility.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the facility in order to manage and improve the flow of goods in and out of the Distribution Center.
- Mentor, train and develop all leadership to encourage professional growth.
- Plan and manage all financial aspects, including operating budget and expenses along with staffing levels and productivity in order to maintain a cost-effective operation.
- Coordinate information and communication with corporate, key associates, vendors and stores to ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time.
- Lead and hold teams accountable to the established dependability and productivity guidelines.
- Follow loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Adhere to all Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) procedures and guidelines to maximize FTZ compliance and benefits and minimize U.S. Customs penalties and fines.
- Lead and hold team accountable for timely delivery and accurate inventory.
- Drive operational changes and foster continuous improvement.
- Monitor reporting to identify and address operational needs.
- Create action oriented plans to drive performance.
- Understand, educate, and train teams on productivity/budgetary goals.
- Support the succession planning process.
- Assume responsibility for the development of the leadership team through hiring, training, continuous improvement, and accountability for performance.
- Conduct job observations and provide coaching/training.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Manage all associate relations issues and functions.
Interact with the corporate and field teams on a regular basis, and provide updates on team/building performance.
- Actively listen and communicate effectively with all company associates and business contacts.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork and a culture of respect by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Oversee, implement, and maintain compliance with company and OSHA guidelines to create and maintain a safe working environment for all associates.
- Ensure safety observations are being performed to coach and counsel associates on safety procedures.
- Prevent associate incident and injury by overseeing accident investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing necessary improvements to policies and procedures.
- Engage with the store teams through customer service meetings.
- Continually improve service within the building in a cost-effective manner.
- Focus on providing excellent service to all business channels.
What you'll bring:
- 10 years Distribution Center Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Experience with Red Prairie/JDA warehousing software preferred
- Experience with iSeries (AS400), MS and Google Suites
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and self motivation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Equipment certification, as needed
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.