Store ManagerLocation: Washington D.C., District of Columbia
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Store Manager.
Inspiring, confident, and ambitious, Store Managers are the leaders of our stores. Your strategic thinking, passion for retail and home design, and your ability to connect with people will help you to excel in this role. As Store Manager, you will lead and empower associates in achieving sales goals and creating an exceptional store experience. You coach and mentor associates to develop their talents and thrive in change, think big and strive toward career advancement opportunities. An excellent communicator, you steer the company vision and share business goals with your team.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Assistant Managers and Leads in setting and maintaining sales, customer service and visual merchandising goals and standards for all associates.
- Manage the recruitment/hiring, promotion, disciplinary and termination process for all store associates, and maintain all associate files.
- Encourage and foster collaboration, cooperation, and co-ownership across all business channels.
- Build a high energy culture of fun and engagement focused on service and results.
- Ensure the execution and standards of the visual merchandising vision, as directed by the Visual Merchandising Department.
- Establish priorities and set direction for the store by conducting weekly walk-throughs in conjunction with the Assistant Managers and Leads.
- In coordination with the Area Manager, develop and analyze store and market trends and build plans to act as appropriate.
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all store communications including product information, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Achieve established goals, identify and analyze problems, and offer solutions that produce positive results.
- Manage controllable costs, profit and loss, and maintain fiscal responsibility for the store.
- Communicate with Area/Regional managers, Trainers, and Senior Leadership on a regular basis.
- Provide associate and customer feedback to Merchandising teams and Logistics regarding product, inventory, and delivery issues.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 3+ years retail management experience leading a cross-functional team focused on strategy and implementing initiatives
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent, Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Proven success in developing skills and future leaders and Track record of driving business results and achieving goals
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.