Regional Industrial EngineerLocation: Wilmer, Texas
We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers love how they live in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers' homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our brands. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.The Regional Industrial Engineer supports the Distribution Center and Cross Docks in process improvement and reengineering using creative problem-solving techniques to find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in warehouse or production environments. They design efficient systems that integrate associates, labor management, information, machines, energy, and materials to make products or provide services. They support operations in managing processes including manpower calculations, quality control, inventory control, material flow, cost analysis, labor budgets, and safety.
What you’ll do:
- Support the execution of labor-management in collaboration and support of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and process development.
- Create and monitor reports for the distribution network, including understanding and educating the productivity reporting process within each building.
- Support Industrial Engineer team with data requests and analysis.
- Initiate continuous improvement/lean concept, identify gaps for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate and drive maximum efficiency.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine associate functions and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and participate in the development and implementation of new software/systems and new operational functions in each warehouse, including providing assistance in testing and evaluating various options.
- Build and maintain accurate labor standards by role/task. Test the standards by executing the workload to ensure they are reasonable and fair.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Define and document complex business requirements and processes.
What you’ll bring:
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in the Engineering field
- Background in Lean and 6Sigma methodologies; Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Process Engineering preferred
- Experience with compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data preferred
- Experience maximizing product reliability and minimizing cost preferred
- Possess a complete understanding of operational efficiencies through engineering standards.
- Experience with statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of the finished product
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.