Senior IT Support TechnicianLocation: Naperville, Illinois
Crate and Barrel Company Intro:
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a/n Senior Support Technician
The Senior Support Technician owns all end user support within the local distribution center and helps to support regional cross docks and stores. The Senior support technician is expected to understand the Distribution Center needs, and technology/business landscape, to ensure we have the right devices, software, accessories, and processes in place to manage & support the environment. The senior technician should be a passionate advocate for change and modernization. This role will develop and recommend ways to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and drive automation.
This is an on-site position based out of our Naperville Warehouse.
A day in the life as a Senior Support Technician…
- Coordinate second level end user support tickets (e.g. hardware, software, VC and executive support) across the organization. Ensure the ticket queue is managed to SLA’s with appropriate levels of quality
- Coordinate tickets and work orders within the team so closure can be completed to appropriate quality levels within defined SLA’s/OLA’s
- Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets and ensure follow-up is performed
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department
- Create and maintain reports to reflect progress toward goals. Highlight problem areas and recommend remediation plans
- Ensure inventory is tracked and submit purchases to ensure appropriate equipment and licenses are available
- Script and automate updates and support
- Ensure secure configurations (e.g. baselines) are deployed. Assist with periodic audits and enhancing security
- Coordinate and perform the install, configuration and support all computer equipment and computer appliances in area of expertise at all locations
- Validate end user functionality of workstations and ensure software applications are provisioned according to business requirements
- Engage third party support as needed and escalate critical issues appropriately
- Coordinate and execute the build and manage hardware images across all desktop platforms
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Technical knowledge to provide top level support to end user issues (e.g. video conferencing, desktop (Windows/Mac), applications, collaboration solutions (e.g. Zoom, G-Suite))
- Scripting and automation experience (e.g. Powershell, VB, etc)
- Ability to write and present information and documentation to various audiences (e.g. leadership, service desk personnel, fellow support staff)
- Ability to see beyond the tasks and ensure the larger organization needs are being appropriately met
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Travel to all company locations to aid with computer equipment and computer appliances set-up and troubleshooting
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing remote and in-person desktop/walk-up support in an enterprise or retail environment (1000+ clients)
- Expert level knowledge of end-user technology including: hardware, software, Windows, Apple, mobile devices, VDI, Cloud based desktops, video conferencing, collaboration technologies, etc
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Lift up to 50 lbs, with or without assistance, on occasion
- Lift up to 20 lbs, unassisted on a regular basis
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.