Assistant Store ManagerLocation: New York, New York
CB2 has 2 locations in NY: Soho and Eastside
Determined and motivating, Assistant Store Managers empower the team to deliver the exceptional customer experience that we're known for. You're a natural leader, engaging and inspiring. Always in the customer's corner, you're empowered to make timely decisions to accommodate their needs and address their concerns. A mentor, educator and coach, you develop creative ways to encourage your team to meet sales goals and turn out a top-notch performance every day.
What you'll do:
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store and in assigned area.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling and training.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales as they pertain to, or are driven by, position and acting as the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Collaborate with Store Manager and other functional Assistant Store Managers during new season planning and execution.
- Analyze results through reporting, translating numbers into actionable behaviors and goals in order to improve KPI results.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service. Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic and associate training/performance. Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Stay up to date on all store initiatives and communications that are received, sharing with associates when appropriate.
What you'll bring:
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent, Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Strong delegation skills in support of execution and driving results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills