Leadership and Design OpportunitiesLocation: Scottsdale, Arizona
What does a leader at Crate and Barrel | CB2 look like?
Your strategic thinking, passion for retail and home design, and your ability to connect with people will help you to excel in a leadership role at Crate and Barrel. As a leader in our stores, you inspire and empower associates to achieve their personal and professional goals. You also create an environment where associates want to provide an exceptional store experience for all of our customers. You coach and mentor associates to develop their talents, think big, and strive toward career advancement opportunities. Your commitment to high achievement and driving results is contagious to others and motivates them to do the same.
What does a Designer at Crate and Barrel | CB2 look like?
Designer work with customers to help plan and design their spaces. Through elevated designs and delivering on the Crate and Barre | CB2 experience, the Designer will maximize company sales growth and profitability. Their expertise, teamwork, passion for design, use of the design tools and creative selling skills will help deliver an amazing experience for the customer.
What you'll bring:
- Retail experience with a strong passion for leading teams.
- Proven success in developing skills and future leaders.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- A commitment to driving and achieving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Your sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings.
- Availability to work days, evenings and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Furniture Sales/ Home Decor Design or retail/ customer service experience.
- Experience working one on one with clients and recommending solutions
- Proficient in Google platforms, virtual communication, design tool experience preferred
- Understanding of basic design functions including spatial planning, fabric selection, lighting, interior design styles.
- Excellent, effective, and timely communication skills and the ability to translate the brand vision of CB2 and the customers’ wants/needs.
- Strong affinity for technology (2D and 3D tools, Google suite, video conferencing) and proficient in floor planning.
- Ability to stay up to date on current design trends.
- Proven track record of building long-lasting relationships with customers
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
What you'll do:
- Directly or indirectly lead teams of associates at a variety of levels, depending on position, in setting and maintaining sales, customer service and/or visual merchandising goals and standards for all associates.
- Encourage and foster collaboration, cooperation, and co-ownership across all business channels.
- Building a high energy culture of fun and engagement focused on service and results.
- Ensure the execution and standards of the store vision and mission.
- Establish priorities and set direction for associates in conjunction with other store leaders.
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all store communications including product information, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Achieve established goals, identify and analyze problems, and offer solutions that produce positive results.
- Help to manage controllable costs, profit and loss, and maintain fiscal responsibility for the store.
- Communicate with associates and other leaders on a regular basis.
- Provide associate and customer feedback to associates and other store leaders.
- Drive sales and a differentiated experience by providing enriching customer interactions, and providing elevated design offerings in the store and virtually with customers.
- Create elevated CB2 designs for customers using the preferred design tools to create moodboards, 2D floor plans, product lists, and style inspiration.
- Lead One on One Design consultations in person or via email, phone, and virtual design consults. Deliver projects in a timely manner and within determined timelines.
- Possess a clear understanding of the CB2 brand aesthetics and merchandising strategy by channel - Store, Online, Catalog.
- Deliver individual sales, KPI and service goals, productivity standards, and engage customers on the sales floor by demonstrating our four steps of selling, as communicated by the store manager.
- Stays informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Actively listen to the customer to best identify which products will best meet their needs and communicate company loyalty services, when applicable. (e.g. designer rewards Design Trade Program, CB2 credit card, and gift registry).
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm both in-store, virtually, and potentially in a customer’s home, ensuring all customers are provided gracious, quick, and efficient service.
Leadership and Design Positions at Crate and Barrel | CB2
- Crate and Barrel:
- Assistant Manager (Sales, Operations, Visual)
- Team Leader (Sales, Operations, Visual)
- Design Expert/Furniture Sales Associate
- Assistant Manager (Sales, Operations and Visual)
- Team Leader (Sales)
- Design Consultant
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.