Merchandising AssociateLocation: Tigard, Oregon
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Stock/Merchandising Associate.
Stock/Merchandising Associates are the rare breed of highly organized and efficient individuals. Maintaining an organized stockroom is key to this position. You're also incredibly accurate and meticulous. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you work as part of a very talented team of associates who's main goal is to maintain an efficient stockroom to ensure excellent customer service. Also in this role, you will be supporting the sales floor in stocking and maintaining store displays. A positive attitude, sense of enthusiasm and ability to multitask are musts for every day.
A day in the life as a Merchandising Associate...
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by maintaining the stockroom and sales floor and facilitate the flow of product in order to provide an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- Perform duties associated with receiving and processing trucks.
- Safely process and assist with customer pick-up orders.
- Safely operate and maintain all stockroom equipment and tools and keep equipment in good working order.
- Assist the Assistant Managers to complete essential inventory control functions in an effort to support financial and inventory accuracy.
- Perform general maintenance of the store.
- Maintain lighting in the store.
- Maintain an awareness of current product in all departments.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Actively participate in weekly merchandising meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Support an engaged customer experience by maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom.
- Assist and support the execution of the store's seasonal and weekly floor plans under the direction of the Assistant Manager, Visual and Team Leader, Visual.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
What you'll bring to the table...
- Stock, Distribution Center, or retail experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Organizational and time management skills
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 65 pounds: heavier merchandise with team assist
- Full-Time roles: Open availability to work flexible hours on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Part-Time roles: Availability to work two or more weekend days (Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday) and at least one weekday or night
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.