CRATE & BARREL
Design & Sales Expert - Park City, Utah
Crate and Barrel Designers have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Designers are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. In addition, Designers utilize digital tools and technology during in-store and in-home consultations to show our customers how our furniture, fabrics and decor can bring their vision to life. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
- Full-time + Part-time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful Crate and Barrel Designer? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal oriented
- Strong Sense of Style
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
I love meeting new people and using my design skills to help turn vision into reality and house into home. Crate & Barrel allows me to be me, and provides tools that build vivid 3D renderings that help customers feel confident in their decisions. I love helping customers feel more comfortable in their space and realize their dreams with stylish, comfortable, well-made furnishings.Ye, Designer
The challenge of creating a space that serves both functional and aesthetic purposes, with the end result of bringing family and friends together, is always a thrill! Crate & Barrel is always current on the latest styles and trends and our design tools allow me to create innovative designs for my customers. Most importantly, though, it is the culture of inclusivity, prioritization of the customer, and commitment to sustainability that makes Crate & Barrel a special place to work.Mary, Designer
I’ve been with Crate & Barrel for 20+ years, and it's always a nice feeling when I’ve built a good relationship with a customer and they come back years later and ask for me. Every customer has different needs, and fulfilling their needs makes my job challenging and enjoyable. New technology and training helps me continue to build my skills and knowledge base, and new products each season keeps our options exciting!Charina, Designer
Working at Crate & Barrel has pushed my knowledge about furniture construction, fabrics, wood finishes, and more. Most importantly I'd say Crate has really helped me push the limits with my designs. I've worked with so many people with various design styles and every time I end up designing something I feel really proud of. I love what I do and I have fun doing it.Angela, Designer
Crate and Barrel, Store Opportunities & You
We have everything we need to become the most talked about store in the country. Except You. Come be a part of a fun, energetic, fast paced environment.
Design it (so they love it)
As a Designer at TheDesignDesk, you’ll take our customer’s inspirations and show them how our furniture, fabrics and décor can bring their vision to life. Whether you’re helping to build a digital Mood Board in the store or creating a custom floorplan during an In-Home Consultation, your amazing design will transform our customers.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
The Picture of Health
From medical to dental to vision, we’ve got you covered.
We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs.
Balancing Work and Life
You’ll enjoy paid vacations and holidays, wellness time, flexible schedules and more.
Planning Your Future
From 401K with company match, to life insurance, we are always looking out for your future.
We provide extensive education and development programs through one on one coaching, classroom style training and online tools to make sure you reach your true potential.
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset and a background in interior design or furniture sales to join our team and grow Crate&Barrel's brand within Park City, Utah as a Design & Sales Expert who will be remotely based within those communities.
This new role of a Utah based Remote Design & Sales Expert will serve as the connection between the store and those customers outside its primary radius, to sell products by providing in-home and virtual consultations using design tools and services to plan and design their spaces. Through elevated designs and delivering on the Customer Experience, the Remote Designer & Sales Expert will maximize company sales growth and profitability by delivering an amazing experience for the customer through expertise, teamwork, passion for design, design tools and creative selling skills.
A day in the life as a Remote Design & Sales Expert...
- Drive sales and a differentiated experience by providing enriching customer interactions, and providing elevated design offerings in-home and virtually with customers
- Create elevated designs for customers using the preferred design tools to create moodboards, 2D & 3D floor plans, product lists and customer presentations
- Identify and contact potential customers, businesses, and/or industries which may yield new business through various networking platforms and outreach
- Provide personalized sales and service experiences to new and existing customers to build lasting relationships resulting in repeat business
- Possess a clear understanding of the brand aesthetics and merchandising strategy
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all product information, including characteristics, care information and staying informed with the competition and industry trends
- Deliver individual sales, KPI and service goals, productivity standards, and engage customers by demonstrating superior selling skills
- Support store training and educating on design services, to drive a clear understanding of design services and offerings
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Ability to work in different locations (work from home, on site at a customer’s home, and occasionally in store)
- Understanding of basic design functions including spatial planning, fabric selection, lighting, interior design styles
- Excellent, effective, and timely communication skills and the ability to translate the brand vision and the customers wants/needs
- Strong affinity for technology (2D and 3D tools, Google suite, video conferencing, iPad) and proficient in floor planning
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Furniture Sales/Home Decor Design or retail/ customer service.
- Primary residence in Utah
- Experience working one on one with clients and recommending solutions
- Proficient in Google platforms, virtual communication, design tool experience preferred
- Reliable transportation and the ability to commute to neighboring areas (mileage reimbursement offered)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Back to Job Navigation (Responsibilities)
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
We See You Here.
At the core of loving your job is feeling like you belong. We believe that diverse perspectives make life beautiful and as a modern workplace, our different thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds enrich our culture and make us stronger as a team. Together, we stand accountable for cultivating a diverse team that reflects our customer focus and is welcoming and inviting to all.