Accounts Payable AssociateLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Accounts Payable Associate.
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing domestic merchandise inventory and supplies inventory related purchases. Supplies invoices include packaging, store, office, design/display and warehouse purchases.
This is a hybrid position that typically works three days per week in the Northbrook, Illinois headquarters office.
A day in the life as an Accounts Payable Associate…
- Critically review all invoices submitted to Medius Workflow System for payment and ensure invoices have been approved by an appropriate individual if required
- Accurately enter vendor/invoice information, ensure payment terms are appropriate to maintain data integrity and ensure timely payments
- Resolve 3-way match invoice discrepancies with associates/vendors and follow-up on unpaid invoices
- Communicate with vendors to resolve billing problems, follow up on unpaid invoices and to respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment dates
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Work effectively and efficiently with all other Crate and Barrel associates focusing on teamwork
- Assist with other projects within Accounts Payable and the entire Financial Department as needed
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel Associates Guide
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented, demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience with emphasis in processing inventory/supplies data using a 3 way match system
- Experience resolving invoice discrepancies in a 3 way match system
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.