Senior Quality EngineerLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for delivering and coordinating all testing artifacts and activities (Test Estimates, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Automation Scripts and Test results) for the various applications that the engineer is managing within Crate&Barrel’s technology portfolio.
This is a hybrid position based out of our Northbrook, IL corporate office. This role typically works in the office 3 days a week.
This role is an Individual Contributor position.
A day in the life as a Senior Quality Engineer…
- Owning manual & automated test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy
- Partnering with the business analysts/product managers, developers and end-users to ensure that test scripts are developed or modified to cover new functionality and/or enhancements that are introduced into the production system on an ongoing basis
- Facilitating User Acceptance Testing and Operational Readiness Testing
- Applying subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve product and process quality
- Leveraging automation of regression test scripts
- Working closely with offshore testing team
- Writing SQL queries or appropriate assertion routines to validate software functions
- Creating automated API test scripts using appropriate assertions to validate/certify the APIs
What you’ll bring to the table…
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Solid understanding of software Quality Engineering concepts
- Ability to manage multiple test events and projects at a time
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Educational background in Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience working with JIRA and similar tools
- Experience testing with AS400
- Experience in retail systems, preferred (i.e.Marketing (Loyalty), Store Operations (Point of Sale), Merchandising, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Ecommerce systems)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.